Thursday, October 14, 2010

Danish language course Part 2


Danish as it´s best!

I don´t know whether Mathias likes that song, but I am sure he would agree!
Just found it:
What does Copenhagen lack?
 Mathias :"A Christiania, who gets permission to be in peace, and a youth center, clearly.
Payment for driving in inner town, and that the trucks put all the way out."

Ey Denmark, what's going on with you?
I miss you, I want you back,
like in the old days where a spade was a s.. YO!
I want you back,
like in the old days where a free bird was free,
and people meant what they said.
Ey Denmark, I miss you.
I freaking ******* miss you.
You scare me,
I want you back, for I'm ashamed
(Græmme is a difficult word – it's sort of a mixture between being grieved, ashamed, embarrassed, upset)
I can see it happening, it's alack it's woe.
It's Satan and he's pushing hard.
It's night over day. It's crap over diaper.
It's death over life. It's slave over free.
It's meat on knife. It's yells, it's screams.
It looks like a war, and it's a waste of police.
It's deadly poison in my herbal tea,
And it's something they like in the Danish party,
All ****** up on snow….
Whoa, did I say that?
You have to hear a lot, God save my (good) mood.
So get some air. Come to your senses, try and get it.
That Staden was fine, and they'll never be able to replace it.
The whole people became a laughing stock on the day they occupied it.
Now it's worse than the wild west, we could've told them that.
(Staden is Fristaden Christiania, which you can look up)
Then they give away the youth house to a fanatic b****,
with a cross up her a**, what a nerve.
Give me back my country, like in the old days.
Give me back the broadmindedness, that lurks under the city's roofs.
Give me back Copenhagen, my colorful old friend.
Give me "ungeren" back. We want "ungeren" back!
(Ungeren = the youthhouse, a place for somewhat anti-establishment youth, or alternative establishment youth if you like)
Remove the heroin from Istedgade and let the Staden be Staden
If you tighten the rope, yo, you're asking for trouble.
It's rubbish, it's bull. It's top rhetoric.
It's not politics. It's piss and polemic.
Here things are running smooth, so we're a bit bored.
We have insight, how about a third-world country look.
The globe is worn, children are broke.
Believe me, in Denmark we're fine.
So incredibly well, that it's our duty,
To do something good, where things are bad.
The world is our future, but we don't get it.
We're too busy messing up our own backyard.
So give me back Denmark, like in the old days.
Give me back the broadmindedness, that lurks under the city's roofs.
Give me back Copenhagen, my colorful old friend.
Give me "ungeren" back. We want "ungeren" back!
Remove the heroin from Istedgade and let the Staden be Staden
If you tighten the rope, yo, you're asking for trouble.
A totally unique energy. But see, the economy is quite free from empathy, has no manners.
Ex-hippies, closet-smokers who prefer to stay silent.
Come on, get going, I think you've got something to say.
Red wine and pills, the whole ******* country's chilling, the youth is getting wilder.
More and more are sniffing sniffing coke from Cape Horn to Berlin.
Yo, a junkfree smoke market is a pretty rare thing.
But we had one.
You have to hear a lot, God save my (good) mood.
Do they believe themselves they can dry up the city.
See, the elite doesn't understand a thing about what they're doing.
That's how it will always be, that's how it has always been.
The language we're talking is called dollars and dimes.
And a greedy man has never been difficult to seduce.
See, greed goes hand in hand with power.
And bigger wants bigger, and more wants more.
The state is completely wound up.
So get some air. Come to your senses, try and get it.
That Denmark is fine, and USA can't replace it.
Give me "ungeren" back. We want "ungeren" back!
Give me back Copenhagen, my colorful old friend.
Give me back the broadmindedness, we want the broadmindedness back.
Give me back Denmark, like in the old days.
Straighten out Istedgade a bit and let the Staden be Staden
If you tighten the rope, yo, you're choking the baby.
I miss you, I want you back,
like in the old days where a spade was a s.. YO!
I want you back, like in the old days
Where a free bird was free, and people meant what they said.
Ey, give me back my Rabalderstræde og straighten out Istedgade..
Arh, come on dammit!


---------------

Explanation for "ungeren"
from urban dictionary
Around Copenhagen, Denmark, you will see the number 69 written on walls and other places attractive to graffiti writers.
A natural part of the modern urban freedom fighting is graffiti, and the number "69" has been a symbol for the Danish movement for freedom and cultural diversity, resulting in "69" being a popular tag when graffiti writers want to express themselves.
It refers to a house known as "Ungdomshuset" (or "Ungeren"), which had the street address "Jagtvej 69" in Copenhagen. Ungdomshuset - literally "the Youth House" - was in the year of 1982 given by The City of Copenhagen to the youth squatting movement in the city. This was to bring peace to the city, after the movement through the 70's and early 80's had been occupying several buildings around the city. Actually, The City of Copenhagen didn't give the building to the movement, but only the right to use it.
In 1999 the city sold the building (and thereby the right to use it), and the young people had to leave the house. But they didn't, and kept the house until March 1st 2007 when the building was cleared by the police. In the morning of March 5th the demolition of the house began, and in less than 48 hours the house was gone, leaving nothing but an empty ground, afterwards commonly known as "Ground 69".
Since then, a movement for freedom and cultural diversity has grown large and strong in Denmark, and particularly the Copenhagen area. Fighting against the cultural rectification that the Danish government and the politicians of Copenhagen have been practicing.
A lot of demonstrations and happenings have been held. Not only in Copenhagen and the rest of Denmark, as the movement has also received a lot of support from friends all around the world.
- Have you seen all the 69's spray painted all over the city?


  Never give up on the fight for cultural freedom and diversity!

No comments:

Post a Comment