Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mathias interview from Tyra Banks webside

Male Model
6 Questions for Mathias Lauridsen
Mathias Lauridsen is a five-year veteran in the modeling game. The trademark scar on his cheek makes him quite the imperfect beauty. An elegant, lean, runway-walking dream, Mathias is known for carrying a wide range of looks exceptionally well. He's been in so many runway shows, he admitted on World Fashion TV that he simply doesn't remember them all.
But he's no pretentious male model. Although Mathias travels to Milan, Paris and New York for work, he still lives where he was born, Denmark. “In Copenhagen, I have my own apartment, my mom and dad, my family in general, all my friends from way back," he sweetly explains. "I thought about moving to New York, to Paris, to where ever it would make sense but, I just feel so comfortable at home." Awww.
  • Agency: New York Model Management
  • Height: 6’1
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Blue/Green
  • Birthdate: January 13, 1984
  • Hometown: Copenhagen, Denmark
  • EDITORIAL: L'Uomo Vogue, Vogue Paris, GQ Style Italy, Details
  • ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS: Jil Sander, Hermes, Calvin Klein, Gucci
  • RUNWAY SHOWS: Prada, Miu Miu, Valentino, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Yves St. Laurent, Fendi, Dries Van Noten

Tyra.com: Do you get compliments on your looks every day?
Mathias:
 No and that’s nice. I’m confident already and get more then enough compliments through my work so I don’t feel like I need it.
How does someone snag a male model?
With confidence, kindness, humor and whatever you snag everybody else with. No?
If you could be a female supermodel, who would you be?
Daria Werbowy. She’s beautiful, has a cool attitude and seems like she values a lot of the same things I do.
Were you Homecoming King; Jock; Pretty Boy; Slacker; or Nerd in high school?
I guess I was soccer nerd transforming into sort of shy pretty boy transforming into unaware homecoming king.

What do your parents think of your career?
I’m sure my mom would like me to be home more but generally like what I do. I’m happy with it. That’s what matters to them.

What would you say is most interesting about you?
I feel like I have a good aesthetic eye. Drawing, painting and graphic creations have always been a great passion of mine.




Thanks Týra Banks!

No comments:

Post a Comment