Monday, November 22, 2010

Interview : HE Magazine - Spring/Summer 2006 Issue

HE Magazine - Spring/Summer 2006 Issue




Mathias Lauridsen was born Friday 13th of January 1984 in Copenhagen and started modeling in 2003. His second job ever was for Another Magazine hailing him to be the next big thing and his third a Jil Sander campaign. Here he shares with us what goes on in that pretty head of his.
First job?
Something called 'Shoe Magazine.' Don't ask!
What do you aspire to become?
Adult.
When do you feel like a model?
On my way home from a show.
Who's your favourite photographer?
David Sims and Tom Munro.
What's your money shot?
My left profile -- works every time.
Do you like to strike a pose?
Oh yes, but it takes me three hours to warm up.
When did you last say: Excuse me, but I'm like -- a model!
Hmmm, come to think of it, I never have.

What's the worst thing about modeling?
No food on monkey class.
What's the best thing about modeling?
So much free time.
What are you wearing right now?
JBS Tank top, t-shirt from American Apparel, Dior sweater, Acne Jeans and Kawasaki Shoes.
Who's your hero?
Damon Albarn
Who's your fashion icon?
A lot of the people I've met in fashion. People who don't necessarily wear something alike, but prove that there are other styles around.
What don't you ever travel without?
My iPod and my toothbrush.
Do you think 'clothes maketh the man?'
Yes, if you're dressed properly, and according to how you are. As opposed to those who try something which looks phony on them. I.E. I would never dress like a bling bling hip hopper -- you know.
What's your most cherished possession?
I would like to think that I could live without any of my material things without missing anything, so I deliberately don't have any.
Do you read fashion magazines?
Yes when they're around, but I never buy them. However, it's a good way to use excess time.
What's on your iPod?
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, Jenny Wilson, Kings of Leon.
What's the latest book read?
Whoahh! I don't remember, it's been so long - Perhaps it was Harry Potter 2 when the book came out and that's a long time ago.
Do you eat food?
Oh yes all the time.
What's your favourite food?
Mashed Potatoes.
What's your favorite scent?
Aqua di Gio.
How many shoes do you own?
10 Pairs, but only use three.
What's the first thing you bought with your model money?
A round of beer for my friends.
Where are you off to?
To a soccer match in my club called FC Sailor Boys. It's a private club with a bunch of friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment